Monday, May 10, 2010

First Show is set!

May 10, 2010
We’re getting ready for our first show. It’ll be on May 22nd at the Bootleg Theater in Los Angeles. Totimoshi is also on the bill and we might have a 3rd band. The event itself is a fundraiser for my friends Lyn and Michael. They are artist that put together a theater production that has to do with an ancient Germanic play. Like anything else it takes quite a bit of funds to make it happen so they’ve asked for a bit of help. I first met Lyn in 2003 when Leopold was looking for artwork for our album. I spent weeks looking at various artists online. I happened to go to Totimoshi’s website at some point just to see what they were up to and they had a link to Lyn’s work. I was really impressed by her work and I emailed her asking if she’d be interested in having her work on our album. Everything worked out great. She and Michael came to our record release show and met us for the first time. Since then we’ve become good friends. They moved to L.A. from the Bay Area and seem really happy here. They work hard but we manage to find time to hang out. I feel like this is a way to repay Lyn for being so generous with her work. She really cut us a deal and let us use the images on not only our record but also the now defunct website. I would have loved to have pressed our record on vinyl and make it a gatefold to really do the artwork justice…maybe someday.

David will be in town for a stretch so we hope to have a 2nd show as well as come up with some plans for future goals. We’ve talked about recording some new stuff, touring a bit but we really do need to work on a game plan so we can be efficient with our time. I don’t think I’ve ever been this busy. Killsonic (I play tenor sax in that band) has been pretty active lately we played on KPFK last weekend and it sounded great. Distorted Pony will probably get on there soon. I’ve been busy at Total Annihilation working with a few bands, archiving the DP tapes and mixing the DP rehearsal we did, it sounds pretty blown up but you can hear that we aren’t holding back at all. By the third night of rehearsals we were pretty confidant with our playing. We sounded a bit rough on the 2nd night when we realized we had to fix some parts that David pointed out. I was (and still am) also getting used to singing Angel and Forensic and solely focusing on my parts and not playing the hybrids I was playing before.
By the third night of rehearsal we were pretty on it. We have some video footage and a few friends came by to check us out and let us know if we should just slit our throats now or keep it going .
London is going to try to put up a video of us rehearsing at the studio so look for that to come out soon. We’re hoping that it’ll get a bit of attention and convince folks out there that we aren’t old, fat and slow. One out of 3 is ok but more than that and you’re out of the band.

I have to say that I really hope people make it out to our show. We’ve been working hard, it’s a good cause and it should be a great night. Totimoshi kicks major ass so the bill is strong and we hope to hold our own and maybe get a few people that haven’t heard of us to pay attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment